Considering the overwhelming response to our first blog article on one of my favourite pasta recipes – Strozzapreti Pesto Rosso, it is only apt that we tempt your taste buds with another special one. An Italian chicken pasta preparation which adds to our another favourite to the collection. Most importanty can cook this beauty in under 8 to 10 minutes, with all the ingredients chopped & in hand.
Whenever I visit a Zizzi restaurant in the UK, my choice is pretty clear for mains it is reserved between two types of pastas and one rissoto. Call me predicatable. But they are clearly irrestiable. A quick peak into my “main” targets.
Strozzapretti Pesto Rosso – Spicy chicken, red pesto, mascarpone & spring onions.
Casereccia Pollo Piccante – Spicy harissa chicken in a creamy sauce with heritage tomatoes & spinach.
Risotto Pesce – King prawns, mussels & squid rings, with tomato, chilli & white wine.
Breaking Down the Recipe
Casareccia Pasta is a Sicilian twisted tube-shaped pasta. From the end, it looks like an “S.”
Its shape catches and holds sauce very well. This helps to make it a particularly good pasta for baking, as there is less chance of it being dry.
Piccante represents spicy hot or sharp and I believe it used to refer to the roasted chilli half which is used to dress the dish finally.
Serves 1 :
- 200 gram Casareccia Pasta
- Cooking oil
- Torn Cooked Spicy Chicken
- 5 Cherry Plum Tomatoes
- 10 gram Harissa Sauce
- 115ml Double Cream
- Roasted Chilli Half
What to do:
- Tear your chicken breast in to small pieces – and lightly coat with chilli paste (at times I make use of sirancha sauce or schezwan sauce, ensure it is used in moderation, as it will affect the taste of the dish).
- For added flavour season the chicken with freshly ground pepper and a little salt.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and sauté the chicken breast for about a minute or two. Ensure the chicken is cooked.
- Take 200 gram casareccia pasta cook the same for 8 to 10 minutes seperately in boiled water with salt. Once it is cooked drain the pasta and mix with table spoon of olive oil in a strainer and leave to settle aside.
- Add 5 cherry plum tomatoes and stir in the pan.
- Add 10 gram harissa sauce and stir for a minute.
- Add 115ml double cream and stir for a minute.
- Mix all the ingredients together until the cream turns a nice orange colour
- Add salt and paper to taste.
- Reduce the sauce as per your favoured consistency.
- Finally add the cooked pasta into the pan and add few leaves of spinach
- Add a roasted chilli half to decorate the dish.
- Voila! You have the beautiful Casereccia Pollo Piccante ready in under 10 minutes (if you have all the ingredients ready)